Thank you for visiting Mountain Pearls Dentistry in Big Sky, Montana. Dr. Chapman is excited to be practicing under the Big Sky and welcomes you to stop on by and check out our wonderful facility. We know going to the dentist can be a scary endeavor, but we are here for YOU! Protecting your mouth and teeth is the first step in your overall health. Contact us today to get a jump start in protecting your smile and health!
Kimberly A. Chapman, DDS
From whitening to implants, our office is equipped to handle all your dentistry needs. To help you understand your options, we’ve included descriptions of some of our most commonly needed services on this page. You may also wish to view additional descriptions and/or video of these procedures by clicking on the right hand column menu, or on the Patient Education page.
- Preventive Sealants
- Root Canal Therapy
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Invisalign Clear Aligners
- Night Guards
- Dental Emergencies
- Family Dentistry
Your initial examination is a full one hour appointment with the doctor, and includes: a one-on-one health history review, dental history discussion, visual examination which includes oral cancer screening and evaluation of all teeth and existing restorations, and lastly, full color photographs for your electronic record. With your permission, we will also take a full mouth series of x-rays, which includes anterior (front) films and posterior (back) films, as well as the bite-wing x-ray series that will allow for a proper comprehensive diagnosis.
Whether you’re a high school senior or a senior citizen, the smile of your dreams is within reach. There’s so much that can be done these days to enhance the appeal of a smile. From powerful, professional whitening treatments to amazingly realistic porcelain veneers to state-of-the-art dental implants, there’s a wide range of exciting possibilities for men and women of any age. At our office, you’ll get the best modern dentistry has to offer!
Our Cosmetic Dentistry services include:
- Cosmetic Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery, to frame your teeth beautifully
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today
- Inlays & Onlays, to fill teeth with larger cavities
- Invisalign® Clear Aligners, for highly discreet orthodontic treatment
- Orthodontic Treatment, to move teeth into the right position
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- Tooth-Colored Fillings, for a completely natural, healthy look
- Tooth Contouring & Reshaping, for a pleasing tooth shape
We also offer:
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect disease at a curable stage
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, to prevent tooth loss
- Professional Teeth Cleanings, to maintain good oral health
- Root Canal Treatment, to save an infected tooth
- Sealants, to protect children’s teeth from decay
- TMJ/TMD Treatment, for chronic jaw pain
- Tooth Extractions, when a tooth is hopelessly damaged or decayed
If you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants offer the comfort and security of a permanent replacement that looks and functions just like your natural teeth. Dental implants also help preserve the tooth-supporting bone in your jaw that deteriorates when even one tooth is lost.
- About Dental Implants
- What are Dental Implants?
- Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Frequently Asked Questions About Dental Implants
- Hidden Consequences of Losing Teeth
- Top Reasons to Choose Dental Implants
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. We can treat a variety of traumatic dental injuries, including teeth that have been chipped, moved, or knocked out entirely. Please call our office for assistance.
Cavity Risk Testing Are you the type of patient who has a new cavity every time you see a dentist, even though you brush and floss every day? Do you know someone who doesn’t brush and floss regularly, but never seems to get cavities? Why is that? Here’s why – through science, we now know that cavities are caused by very specific bacterial strains. If you don’t have those bacteria in your mouth, you won’t develop cavities. If you do have those bacteria, you can get cavities (also called caries) depending on how metabolically active they are. By doing a simple swab test and using a special light meter with breakthrough technology, we can test the activity level in your mouth of those bacteria and see if you are at risk for cavities in the future. This used to take more than a week when we had to send a saliva sample to a laboratory, but through technology improvements it now takes just 1 minute in our office. If you are at risk for cavities in the future, we will help you implement specific oral rinses that will change the pH of your mouth. An acidic pH will promote cavities because that is the pH the cavity causing bacteria need to live in. When we shift the pH to a basic or alkaline one, this will allow only the good bacteria to survive. End of cavities. Check out this website for further information: www.carifree.com, then call our office for your caries screening test.